Today I’m sharing my go-to apple cake recipe. The cake itself looks quite ordinary (thus no picture), but it’s cRaZy-good. Plus it’s super-easy, and the caramel glaze on top – oh my!
The longest step, besides the baking, is preparing the apples. (A useful guide for choosing the right kind of apples for a particular task can be found here.)
This apple cake tastes gReAt served up many ways: at room temperature, cooled, warmed with ice cream on top, warmed with milk poured over it . . . you get the idea!
Give it a try, and enjoy!
APPLE CAKE RECIPE
Prep Time: ~30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 large eggs, beaten
1 c. vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c .finely chopped apples
1/2 c. apple juice
1 c. chopped walnuts
Optional: A dash of spices (e.g. cinnamon) to add depth of flavor
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. butter
1/3 c. whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, oil, apple juice and vanilla. Stir in apples and nuts. Add the egg mixture to dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Spread batter into pan. Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes.
- In a small saucepan combine the brown sugar, butter and cream.
- Cook and stir until bubbly and all of the sugar dissolves. Cool ~5 minutes.
- Drizzle warm sauce over warm cake.